Try this simple kitchen science experiment to make your very own bouncy egg this holiday! Have fun !
What you need:
- White vinegar – 1 cup
- Raw egg – 1
- Pour about a cup of vinegar into the glass.
- Pop the egg into the vinegar.
- Wait for a few days.
- The egg will look whitish on the outside after one day.
- On the second day, the vinegar has dissolved the calcium carbonate in the eggshell.
- It feels icky when you roll it around in your hands.
- After a few days, you are ready to bounce the egg!
- Try to bounce it gently on the table.