Try these activities with different materials and textures to enhance your child’s fine motor skills.
1. Sort the pom poms according to colour.
Materials: Baking tray with round pockets, coloured pom poms.
2. Clip the matching letters on the word cards.
Materials: Clothes peg with letters, word cards
3. Paste the buttons on glue dots.
Materials: coloured paper, white glue, buttons
4. Pick up beans with tweezers to practise pincer grasp.
Materials: Tweezers, beans
5. Thread straws/ dry pasta with a shoestring.
Materials: shoestring, straw or dry pasta
6. Paste stickers to decorate a picture.
Materials: stickers, a picture.