Enjoy a round of reading game and memory game with dyslexic children or beginner readers.
What you need:
- Cards ( 2 different colours)
- Marker pen
1. Reading game
- Write a sentence on each coloured cards.
- Cut out the words into individual cards.
- Arrange the cards as you read the words with the child.
- Hand out a set of cards in another colour with the same words to the child.
- Get the child to arrange the cards according to the first sentence.
2. Memory game
- With the same sets of cards, arrange them in 2 rows with the words facing down.
- Get the child to flip 2 different coloured cards to find a pair.
- Flip the cards close if a pair is not found.
- Repeat by flipping 2 cards to find a matching pair.
- Continue until all the cards have been matched.