I made up a few pretend baking kits for the girls — which kept them happily occupied, and it’s a great quiet time activity! They are SUPER easy and quick to make up. I cut up some very inexpensive craft felt using a few cookie cutters as my pattern, added some pieces for “icing” and a few bits of felt for “sprinkles” (the MOST important part about baking!). Once I gave the girls a couple of cutting boards, and a small rolling pin, they kept themselves entertained for a good long while!!
What you need:
- fleece fabric
- rolling pin
- a few cookie cutters
- cutting boards
- baking tray
- Roll out the dough( fleece fabric) with rolling pin and cloth.
- Cut out the cookies with scissors.
- Add on the icing cut from strips of fleece fabric.
- Decorate the cookies with sprinkles!
- Children would pretend to eat their cookies and start the whole process again to bake batches and batches of cookies.